The Opportunity on Deck Leadership Academy is a free program for 6th-9th grade students that will help them develop leadership skills. The program will include interactive class sessions, guest speakers, the opportunity to combine all the skills learned to host a sports clinic, a field trip at a university, and a celebratory graduation ceremony. Please feel free to contact us with any questions at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Academy Sessions hosted at Crestview School of Inquiry (8355 N Franklin Ave, Clive, IA 50325)
- Saturday, February 29th 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Crestview Cafeteria
- Saturday, March 7th 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Crestview Cafeteria
- Tuesday, March 24th 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. at Crestview Media Center
- Saturday, March 28th 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Crestview Cafeteria
- Saturday, April 4th 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. at Crestview Gym
- Saturday, April 18th TBD
- Saturday, April 25th 12:00 – 2:00 p.m. at Crestview Cafeteria
- Interactive class sessions to learn leadership skills
- Guest speakers
- Host sport clinic for 1st & 2nd grade students
- Field trip to a college campus (Place TBD)
- Graduation ceremony
FOOD AND TRANSPORTATION
- Transportation and food for the field trip will be provided by Opportunity on Deck. We will also have a sack lunch or dinner for each participant before or after each of our sessions. Please let us know if you have any allergy, religious or other needs.
LEADERSHIP ACADEMY APPLICATION
- Please note completion of the below application does not guarantee acceptance. Opportunity on Deck staff will review all applications and notify selected participants on Wednesday, February 26.